CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

soccer lessons needed

Last night was Saebra's first soccer game. I thought I worked with her enough and Tanner worked alot with her. We didn't. The coach had her throw the ball in from the sideline, and then she just stood there and watched cheering instead of going back out on the field. She also kept standing hunched over on the back field like she was waiting for a softball to be hit to her. Maybe she thought that was the standard sports stance from watching me play softball and her bros playing baseball. Then she just kept chasing this other girl around instead of the ball. It was great! I am not a mom that can sit quietly at any kind of game, so I hope the other parents can get used to me, or they better sit somewhere else! It is a good thing she likes to practice. I have some cute pics of her I'll get on here.

4 comments:

The O'Briens said...

I'm proud she is playing soccer! It really is, "The Beautiful Game." She'll get the hang of it eventually. Our team used to hold a camp for kids to raise money. It is SO funny to watch the kids....they all just bunch around the ball. I love it. I have no doubt she was the cutest kid on the field....even if she wasn't sure what she was doing!

Lyric Payne said...

You painted a great mental picture for me. I can just picture you as an adorable, prissy little girl doing the same thing...with your looped braids! You were so cute. I remember Maxwell's first season of soccer. I think he was three. He had a permanent smile on his face, and his favorite thing was to follow the referees around. Sabra is following suit! Have patience, because Maxwell is now quite a little soccer player.

Cammee said...

This is hysterical! I love watching kids learning to play sports. It could be worse...when my brother Jason was starting to play soccer, he found a hole in the middle of the field and sat in it and played with himself! The coach told my mom he was playing the wrong kind of ball! He was very athletic, but hated soccer!

Ashlee said...

That's hilarious! I can just picture Saebra in batting stance just waiting to kick that ball! And I'm sure all eyes were on her because she's the prettiest, while all ears were on her mom because she's the loudest! I want to come next time!