CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

I just read through my post from earlier and saw lots of mistakes. I dont know how to go back and change them. I should start checking them before I post them. Oh well.
I forgot to mention that this book reminded me of a book I read a while back called A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS by Khaled Hosseini(also wrote Kite Runner). It is set in the present time and the women are treated alot like in the 800's in Afghanistan. Read it if you haven't. We definitely are blessed living where and when we do.

4 comments:

Cammee said...

I've heard of that book but I haven't read it. I'll put it on my list too. Since Jonathon's dad passed away, my mom-in-law has been reading alot of church books. She passes them on to me when she's done. They are all great, but I'm backed up on the other books I want to read! Can't wait to hear what you are reading next.

You should call me and we'll go to the movie or shopping or SOMETHING! We talk about it alot but we never do anything about it. I'm glad we're both blogging, it's a good connection.

Ashlee said...

OK, Ape, as much as I love to read and would like to think I make good boook choices, I CANT READ THIS BOOK! I try and pretend women were never treated the way they were because it sickens me and I can't do anything about it. I try SUPER hard to be grateful without such depressing reminders. If I lived during those times, it's hard to say what lengths I would go to for equality. Go Joan!

Lyric Payne said...

I read A Thousand Splendid Suns a while ago and loved it. I'll have to read the pope one too, but it'll have to wait a bit because I have a few others on my plate right now. Thanks for the book tip.

The O'Briens said...

You are on a reading frenzy! I really want to read A Thousand Splended Suns. I absolutely loved Kite Runner and need to find the time to read this one. You are my official source for my own personal "to read" list.