CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

What we do for our kids!

I cant believe what we do for our kids! TJ has a turkey tag. Yes, he is old enough to hunt, and I dont get much say in this area! It is spring break and Titus has to work, so TJ asked me to take him hunting today. My two least fav things invovled, guns and hunting. I did it anyway. So we are up Payson canyon. There is a gun next to me. Tanner and Saebra are in the back seat of my old little Geo Prizm(Titus took the truck with the turkey call and the binoculars!)and I start to think, what if he really gets a turkey?! I have on flip-flops and a nice white shirt. I dont have a tarp or blanket to put it on in my tiny trunk. Why am I doing this? Because we do things we really don't like for our kids, right, or am I just stupid?
Well, he didn't get one. Lucky for me, not for TJ though. We did see one on someone elses property,so we sat and waited for it hoping it would cross the road so he could shoot it(I hate that)! Not that I am totally against hunting. I was raised with it. My fam eats what they kill(except for some of the smaller birds), and my kids learn gun safety before they get near a real gun! Titus is very strict with them on all of that! I just hate guns! I hate how easily someone could get hurt. My sisters all took a concealed weapons class. I would never consider having one. I would never be able to protect my family with one because I would be too nervous holding one to use it wisely. They did learn alot in the class, and make some great arguments of why it would be beneficial to them to have the permit. Not for me! I am glad Titus can. I trust completely that he would be safe. I know this is very controversial, but I am glad my husband could protect my family if needed.

5 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

I really can't believe you took TJ turkey hunting. You are one amazing mom. I echo all your gun sentiments. Maybe you should change the title of your post to "What April does for her kids" because I wouldn't have done that!

Mitchell Family said...

You crack me up! I thought I was a worrier but I think you got me beat! I love the imitation your kids give of you!! You know we all think you're a GREAT mom!

Cammee said...

You are an amazing mom! I wanted pictures of TJ teaching you how to cut and clean the bird...maybe next time? We are the same way with the guns. Watch Saebra, my Halley LOVES to shoot and hunt. When she got a gun for Christmas 2 years ago, she loved it more than her ipod! She's a dead-eye, too!

Ashlee said...

You definitely went above and beyond! As Abbie said, your kids imitation of you is hilarious and they totally adore you! As for the gun part- I'm nervous to carry one because I can be irresponsible at times and with a gun in my purse- DANGEROUS! However, they are becoming a necessity and I think I'd have the nerve to shoot if it meant the bad guy or my kids. You could, too.

Cammee said...

Update your blog, woman!! I'm missing you!