CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

I am feeling really grateful today,and thought I needed to say it. Although I am extemely sad about losing Pres. Hinckley, I am so glad that I had so many opportunities to see him and hear a true prophet of God speak. That is what I always looked forward to in conference, and any other time he was on tv or at womens conference. I also remember when he was coming to Salem for our stake priesthood meeting. The stake center is right behind my house. There were people lining the sidewalk waiting for him. My family just stood on our back porch waiting. When he finally came, I couldnt help not crying knowing that a prophet of God was that close to my house, and in the church I go to every Sunday. I loved him, just like I am sure so many others did. I pray my kids will always remember him, and his sense of humor, but especially his testimony and love of Jesus Christ. I am so happy for him and Sister Hinckley, that they are finally together again.
I know the church will be in good hands with Pres. Monson and the rest of the leaders, but I will always miss President Hinckley!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

You made me cry to think what it must have been like to have someone so great in your backyard. I, too, am happy for him and his sweet wife, but sad for the rest of the world. Still, I know the work will move forward and we will all be better for knowing him.

The O'Briens said...

He was put in when I was about 12, so I really don't feel like I knew the prophets before him in the same way. I, too, will miss him greatly. He missed Sister Hinckley so dearly and I am thrilled for their reunion. We are blessed to have such outstanding and exemplary leaders.

Cammee said...

Look what I found! I'm afraid you'll never see my comment though. Update your blog already, woman!! Just kidding! Glad I found you. Love you!